Friday, January 21, 2011

Aint Life Funny Some Times

Our darling little Elias is a bit OCD. I don't know who to blame, me or Damien. The other morning we went to let him out of his room. (We keep a baby lock on the inside of the door so he can't get out and destroy all of our electronics in our TV/computer room.) Anyways, when we opened the door, he was sweeping his floor with his play broom that his Auntie and Uncle Mo'unga got him for Christmas. The catcher here is that he was completely naked! He taken off his p.j.'s, his onesie, and his diaper. He also managed to put his diaper up on the changing table, and his clothes back in the drawers they belong in. He then pointed to the floor where he peed and said, "Ewww. Gross."
On Tuesday, Damien received a phone call from the Orem City Police Department saying that Elias had escaped from the daycare center and we needed to call him immediately. I know right! You are thinking right now "Oh my gosh!" Leave it to Elias to be able to find a way out. I don't know if he's tricky or just has really good timing. How does this happen you ask? Well, his class room has a bathroom connected to it. That bathroom has 2 doors; the door to the class room and the door to the main eating area for the older kids. One of his teachers told him to go into the bathroom to get his diaper changed. Elias did just that, except he didn't stop there. He spotted the open door on the otherside of the room (like 4 ft away) and decided to go exploring. The other teacher that was in the bathroom already changing another kids diaper didn't notice that he had entered or left the bathroom for that matter. We don't know how long he was gone for, but sometime after enetering the main eating area, he wandered through another door into the main lobby area. From here, he managed to push open 2 more doors to the outside. Once he was outside, I'm sure he was so excited! Freedom! He made it out of the parking lot, to the side walk and was about to cross the street before anyone noticed where he was. Unfortunately, it wasn't someone at the daycare center who noticed. Accross the street is Geneva Elementry School. There was a parent walking outside and saw him trying to cross the street. Fortunately, she immediatley called 911 to report this young child alone on the street and raced over to save him. She brought him into the daycare to see if he was supposed to be attending there. The rest is history. Phone calls, irrate mother, and hugs and kisses to the little guy. We are so thankful that he is alright. We don't even want to imagine what awful thing could have happened.
So today is Friday. I've made it one whole week back at work from my awesome maternity leave with Liam. I do have to say that this week was much better than when I returned to work after having Elias. For starters, instead of Damien being laid off he was told he was moved to full-time status at his work. Secondly, I am not trying to pump/nurse while working. Pumping at work is just weird; let alone painful. And thirdly, I've been doing the daycare thing since June so I've had sometime to get used to having to take the kids to one. I of course would much rather stay at home with the boys, but the hand has yet to be delt. Someday.

3 comments:

We The Peterson Three said...

If Liam escapes daycare I'd start to get worried! Elias is such a character! ;)

Amy said...

yikes! Are you kidding me? That is sooo scary, I would be so scared too.

Axel is a BIG clean freak, he cleans and organizes his toys more than he plays with them. I am not too worried because one day they will make their wives very happy :)

Newton said...

I cannot believe this day you had!! SCARY! And I'm sure Elias was just smiling and having a great time on his adventure! Hang in there momma of TWO! You're amazing!