Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update on Elias

The days are going by faster and faster. Elias keeps getting bigger and bigger. We had his 4 month well child check a couple of weeks ago. The doctor says Elias has a perfectly shaped head. Alright! He is in the 50th percentile for height (he’s 26 in) and the 60th percentile for weight (he’s up to 16 lbs now). We’ve started feeding him rice cereal at night, right before bedtime. I have to say rice cereal is one of my newest favorites! Thanks to this new delicacy in Elias’ diet, I get to sleep through the night now; well most of the time anyway. And I LOVE sleeping. It’s also one of my favorites.
Elias’ newest trick is rolling over from his back to his stomach. The first time he was able to do it by himself was on Sunday, January 11th. It’s a lot of fun to watch. When he’s finished he looks up with a big smile on his face like he’s so proud of himself for overcoming the awkward turn. This is quickly followed by annoyance that he ended up on his tummy. Poor little ones, they have it so hard. Damien is taking advantage of being able to be home with Elias right now while he is busy searching for a new job in this awful economy. And I don’t have to feel bad about hogging the baby when I finally get home from work, since Damien has him during the days.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hooray for an update! Elias is so adorable! Oh my goodness. I'm glad to know you're all doing well. Miss ya!

Kory said...

He's a cute kid. Way to go.

Lailani Ali said...

I never even considered how frustrating that could be. If I could turn over onto my stomach, but not be able to turn back, I'd be very upset. He'll learn how to do it eventually though!

Anonymous said...

hey damien your son is beautiful!!! Hope all is well. if you want to get in touch with me alexisglessing@bresnan.net Lexie