Friday, February 6, 2009

Elias is 5 1/2 Months Old




Pictures:

1. Elias with some of his puppets that G’ma M. picked up at IKEA.
2. G’pa M. with his little “Tongan Boy”
3. Elias with daddy’s glasses

Elias is mobile now. He can’t crawl yet, but he sure is a good little scooter. In addition to being able to roll over, he pushes his toes against the floor and moves himself forward. He hasn’t quite figured out how to make his body go in the direction he actually wants to, but he certainly does try!

He’s eating carrots and squash now. I have a video of it that I was going to try to post on here, but I can’t figure out how to make it work. I guess I’m not smarter than Blogger. Any suggestions? Tips? We did try to feed him green beans, but after the first bite he flat out refused to open his mouth. I did try to force the spoon in, but he’d just spit it out.

Elias is using his voice more now, too. We love every new sound that comes out of his tiny mouth. (At least for now, right?) Yesterday, when Damien went into his bedroom, Elias was so excited to show off his new trick to his dad. Elias began moving his arms up and down super fast, and then said, “Baa, baa, baa, baa”. Impressed by his son’s skills, Damien said it back to him, “Baa, baa, baa, baa”. Elias was smitten with his dad’s talent as well and looked back with amazement.

The dogs are still taking really well to him. And Elias loves when we let the dogs come onto the couch with us. He loves grabing onto their fur, and pulling it in every which direction he can. All of the dogs seem to do okay with this for a little bit. And when they are tired of it, they get up and move elsewhere. When we play fetch with the dogs, Elias' head moves back and forth following the dogs wherever they go. We can't wait until he's big enough to be the one playing with the dogs. They can entertain eachother for hours!

I love when Elias reaches his arms out to me when I get home from work. I love how his whole body moves with excitement when I put a bottle in front of him. I love when he sneezes, and when he splashes in the bathtub. I love when I’m rocking him to sleep and he puts his hand up to touch my face and then he’ll leave it there while he falls asleep.

2 comments:

Lailani Ali said...

The picture with the puppets is magazine-ad worthy! Soooo cute.

Ryan and Emily said...

He is such a cutie! Wish I could cuddle him. Your last paragraph was sweet!