Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back to REALITY!

Monday was a pretty rough day at the Mo'unga household. I went back to work, and Elias had his first day of Day Care, and Damien had to play mommy & daddy for 1 ½ hours until I got home. Elias managed to make it home with somebody else’s pants, but other than that, we all survived. I didn’t even cry after I got into the car to leave for the day care. Work was great! I got a lot of compliments on how good I’m look’n these days... it really isn’t all that hard to improve upon how I looked when I was ready to pop. The last 8 weeks were so enjoyable. I loved being able to stay in my p.j.'s all day and not even feel bad about it. Elias and I had fun taking naps together, and bath time, and feeding time, and change the diaper time, and... You all get the point. Everything about Elias and our time together was just wonderful. For you “stay at home mom's”, I hope you never take for granted the time you have with your little ones. It maybe difficult at times, and you may not notice it...but they change every day. You should be so thankful that you get to be there to witness the change...even when they wipe their spaghetti hands on your wall. Ha. That’s for you Emi; I was on the phone the other day with my sister and she started laughing when her 1 yr old got spaghetti sauce in his hair and then proceeded to wipe his hands on her white walls. I was amazed that she just brushed it off and made the best out of the situation. We all need to be thankful for whatever situation our lives are in. Especially with the way the economy is right now. We don’t know what other hard times are ahead for us, either as individuals or as a nation. Keep in mind when adversity is knocking at your door that God loves you, miracles do happen, and life is a gift. Here are some pics of Elias and Daddy on Elias' 1st day of Day Care at Lollipop's. (Damien thinks it sounds like a mollester shop or something.)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay updates! Fun pics, and we're glad you are back to work, although we know you'd rather not be! It's ok! Hang in there! :-)

Ryan and Emily said...

Hey, Kel! Thanks for the shout out. That was pretty funny...what do you do? I loved the pics of Elias. He looks like such a sweet boy...I just want to squeeze his cheeks. You're almost done with your first week!! Yay!

Amy said...

ah man I am so sorry that you have to go back to work. Yeah I am with Damion, Lollipops does sound like a predator hang out...

Jen said...

I'm so happy to hear from you! I love the all the pics. Linds also mentioned that you looked great - good job! Sounds like you're doing well. :) Miss ya!