I had the best 4 day weekend ever! Damien had to work on Thursday, but I didn't. I had the entire day to myself. Did I do anything fun or relaxing? NO. I spent my day deep-cleaning the downstairs, stopped off at the drycleaners, daycare, brought Damien lunch, and I was supposed to go with Angela and the kids to feed ducks, but one of the kiddos got sick so that didn’t pan out.
I was so excited with the way my downstairs looked, when Damien got home I told him we were deep-cleaning the upstairs too! Needless to say he jumped for joy at the very thought. Ok, so he didn’t. But he didn’t complain about it either. I don’t think we have gone through some of our stuff at all in the 4 years we’ve been together. And what makes it worse is we have a spare bedroom that’s been turned into a “deal with it later” room over the years. We also have to switch the office into a different room so we can make room for Elias’ room. After 4 days of cleaning, organizing, and throwing crap out, we still don’t have our house back together, but we are close. The “deal with it later” room is empty, the carpet has been cleaned and tonight we move exercise equipment and art supplies back in. The office is in tact and ready to go as well. We should’ve cleaned the carpets in there before we moved the furniture in but I jumped the gun instead of listening to Damien’s ideas first. Dang it, I hate when he’s right. I’m hoping by this weekend we will have everything done and in its new “home” so we can just relax and enjoy the weekend.
Gosh it feels good to have control over life again. I feel like a new me! Damien’s mom is trying out a new motto, “Simplify”. I’m trying it too. I’ve started with the house…if we don’t need it, we aint keepin’ it. I haven’t decided where to apply it next. One thing at a time. Maybe that’ll be my big chore for this upcoming weekend, decide where to simplify next.
No comments:
Post a Comment