Since it is Damien's Birthday, I thought I'd do a post about him. Since we first met, the one adjective that I would use to describe him is "AMAZING". The meanings behind this word are: surprisingly great, inspiring awe or admiration or wonder, an amazing sight. Damien still never ceases to amaze me. And just when I think I've got him all figured out, he'll go and do something or say something that stops me in my tracks, leaving me speechless. I know right...Kelli not have something to say...that'll be the day. But he does it to me time and time again. I love that each day I spend with him there is the element of surprise.
I love that Damien is honest in all that he does; work, school, church, playtime, even going so far as to not drive over the speed limit. He executes all that he does to the best of his honest ability.
I love that Damien is always in a good mood. I can pretty much count on him being happy. There are very few things that can set off his temper. And when he is upset, he still remains very calm and quiet, and he gets over it rather quickly.
I love that Damien enjoys spending time with me. We often joke that we don’t need anybody else but ourselves. Sure we like being with others, but if we had our choice, it would be just him and I 24/7.
I love that Damien doesn’t put himself first. Usually when I ask, “What do you want to do today or eat tonight?” his first response is, “Well, what do you want to do/eat?”
I love that Damien takes pleasure in playing with our dogs. We take time each night to either take them to the park, or just throw the ball around the house. Sometimes, he’ll even build obstacle courses for the dogs to jump through in order to retrieve their prized toy.
I love that Damien spends time deep in thought. Whether it be on some political storm that has his current attention, or coming up with new remodeling ideas, or even ways we were going to raise our children…the kid is always thinking.
I love that Damien is protective of me. Just the other night, we were leaving a restaurant and the floors had just been mopped. He immediately grabbed a hold of me and didn’t let go till we were out the doors. He knows gravity is not my friend. If his brother and cousins are getting too rowdy around me, he’ll calm them down. If I’m sad, he’s right there to comfort me.
I love that Damien is quick to laugh. We do our best to find laughter in every situation. Except, I hate that he can make me laugh when I’m trying to be mad or angry. It is impossible to stay mad when you can’t keep that darned grin off your face. Thanks a lot.
I love Damien for so many more reasons, too. I wont bore you anymore with my passion for him though.
I love you Babe, Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment