Sunday, September 21, 2008

You decide...

My mother and older sister find the following photos to be absolutely disturbing and wrong. I’ve received in-depth lectures because of them. I tried to explain to them that they just don’t have the same sense of humor and understanding of the binkies as I do…

Explanation of the binkies:

Unless you are a Twilight fan, you just won’t get it. But, I have my very own “Reneesme” baby or should I say “EJ”. Need I say more?


















So when Damien and I were on the mission, we happened to sit next to each other during Stake Conference (and just for the record, our entire zone was sitting together, it’s not like him and I were off sitting by ourselves.) The row in front of us had this little baby that was sucking away on his binky, for a visual think Maggie Simpson. Only the binky was of huge crooked teeth, similar to the one in the pic. Needless to say, as missionaries we thought it was hilarious. That binky has been the subject of many conversations since, and when we saw that binky in the store, we had to purchase.


For those of you who are also repulsed by the fact that I would purchase such ludicrous items and force them upon an innocent being, who is in my care, RELAX! Elias doesn’t even like the binkies. He has his other favorite ones that we use all the time and they are normal looking, much to my chagrin. Damien and I got to have our little laugh and reminisce about the mission,
and now it’s over with.
For those who think they are funny. Ummm, that’s because you are right. And if you’re interested in purchasing check out either Spencers or http://www.billybobteeth.biz/.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha that is dang funny kelli! you crack me up! i liked the vampire thing! hope things are going great for you! we miss you but are so happy you're having fun being a mom!! oh and good news!! sherrie decided we shouldn't take wednesdays off so she is going to take every friday off and we are going to switch every monday and friday, that means every other week we have a 4 day weekend! anyway, i think it will work out great! :-)

Newton said...

I think they're awesome!!!

Jen said...

I love those binkies! They are hilarious!!! It's good to see you posting. :) Hope you're all doing well!

Kory said...

Those things are so funny! I'm not sure Amy's on board with them, but maybe these pictures will help. I know it happened in Renton NOrth, but it's definately something out of Buckley.

Amy said...

Just so you know, I DO think they are funny. And so does my 4 year old niece Maddy. She pointed to them and said "HAHA look at that baby" So I think that is your answer. I need to clarify something, I do not like binkies on TODDLERS they gross me out primarily because they are always coated with food. Anyway but your binkies are CLASSIC! It is worth it just for the sake of blogging.

Lindsay said...

LOVE the new wedding pics and dog pics! Keep updating that cute blog of yours! We need more baby pics!! haha ;-)

Peter and Katie said...

Kell, Peter and I both like the binkies. I think your "EJ" is so cute. I still need to see this cute baby.

Ariel said...

I love all the wedding pictures. You guys are such a cute couple. As for the pasifiers... Those are creepy yet funny. Its really funny to me that you would have those, its totally something you would do. You do have your own nessie. Except he isn't HORRIBLY named.

Melanie said...

Hey Kelli, its Sis. Smith from the seattle mission, remember me! I am such a blog stocker and I found your blog! Congrats on your cute new arrival, he is adorable! I love his name too! you should check out my blog!I am so glad I found you!
bascomandcompany.blogspot.com
I hope its OK if I keep checking your blog out! peace out!